Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Indian curry with beans and cheese


We love Indian food. Tonight's dinner was Indian curry with beans and cheese.

Ingredients: pre-cooked masala, mixed beans, cilantro, safflower oil, butter, garam masala, turmeric, chipotle chilli powder, salt, cheese, water


I often cook "pre-cooked masala". It is used for base of Indian curry.
This recipe is from "From Mom with Love" by Pushpa Bhargava. This book was originally written by a mother who loves her children so much. She wanted her children to carry their traditional cooking to their future families. That's the reason she wrote her book.
This recipe book is amazing. I am very glad that I found this book.




Pre-cooked masala is pureed tomato and onion base, with many Indian spices. It lasts a couple weeks and it is a curry base so it is very convenient to keep in the refrigerator.





This lamp is the one I bought in Turkey when I traveled. I love this lamp so much. 







It is hand made by a Turkish artisan. It is beautiful work.







Real design never gets old. And because people love it deeply, they don't waste. 
I like the idea of making things with lots of love and enjoying them with love.







Our lovely cat, Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment